Fixed: Error 150:30 (Adobe CS4 licensing problem) – MAC

by Linus Neumann on Dezember 26, 2009

The following script will solve the often and randomly occuring problem with Adobe CS4 Mac “licensing for this product has stopped working… Error:150:30

If this solves your problem (it will!) consider leaving a nice comment.
Maybe you even want to

Copy and paste this to Terminal.app, enter your user password when prompted and follow the instructions on the screen. During this process, as ~40MB Liscense recovery file provided by Adobe will be downloaded, executed and deleted afterwards. Make sure to view and agree with the license agreement for this piece of code before you run the script (chances are it will fail otherwise).

if [ "$(grep -o activate.adobe.com /etc/hosts)" = "activate.adobe.com" ];
then echo "/etc/hosts is already modified"
else
echo "127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com" >> /etc/hosts
echo "/etc/hosts was successfully modified"
fi
sudo rm -rf "/Library/Application Support/adobe/adobe PCD/cache/cache.db"
sudo rm -rf "/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher"
say "Now, please wait for the download to finish."
curl -o LicenseRecovery111.dmg http://download.macromedia.com/pub/support/tools/LicenseRecovery111.dmg
sudo hdiutil attach LicenseRecovery111.dmg
sudo python '/Volumes/LicenseRecovery 11.6.1/LicenseRecovery/'LicenseRecover.py
sudo rm -rf ~/AdobeLicensingFilesBackup
sudo hdiutil detach "/Volumes/LicenseRecovery 11.6.1"
sudo rm LicenseRecovery111.dmg
say "Done! now start CS4 and enter your serial"
exit 0

This will perfom the steps suggested by Erik’s Brain and Jake’s Computer Blog. After completing these steps, you will need to re-enter your serial number, and CS4 will work again.

Be aware that this is not a crack! You will need a valid serial number.

If this doesn’t work for you:

• let me know
  • check if Adobe’s Liscense Recovery tool was updated to a version other than 11.6.1 and  if so, modify this script accordingly, then let me know
  • check if you are using a Mac and if not, follow the advice given here.
  • remember that this is not a crack, you will need a valid serial number

52 comments

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This worked amazing!!!!!!!!!!

by Ignacio on 3. Februar 2010 at 20:06. #

Hey, you’re welcome.
I just enjoyed having a closer look at your nice Website!

I get about 100 hits per day for this post, but you are the fist one to comment. Would be nice to hear from others, if there are any problems. IF.
(And if not: I always appreciate the gddmm common courtesy Ignacio showed here…)

Oh, I forgot to mention in the post: As this uses sudo, you will be prompted for your user password.

by Linus Neumann on 10. Februar 2010 at 20:35. #

Adobe couldnt fix this problem, thank you very much. it worked!

by Oktay on 7. März 2010 at 22:44. #

You’re welcome!

by Linus Neumann on 7. März 2010 at 23:11. #

This worked perfectly for me, thank you!

by Miguel Pereira on 8. April 2010 at 21:22. #

THANKS! Linus It Worked !!!!! Now I can get back to work.

by Jon Goertz on 23. Mai 2010 at 06:34. #

it works perfectly,thanks alot

by fast on 4. Juli 2010 at 18:59. #

it works perfectly!
thanks!

by mayito on 17. September 2010 at 03:11. #

thanks man i tried a lot i think idid uninstall adobe at least 6-7 times and tried additionally other stuff out of other forums….
you rescued me, working on my portfolio for a deadline being desperately in need for cs4 to work again!!
cheers

by christoph on 22. November 2010 at 01:26. #

This worked pretty cool Thanks a million!

by ben on 18. Juni 2011 at 06:17. #

Hello! Just wanted to say: THANK YOU! This worked out just fine!
Hav a good one!

//Y

by Y on 14. September 2011 at 15:56. #

thanks. amazed that this fix is still necessary. get with it adobe!

by tom on 19. November 2011 at 17:03. #

Thanks so much for this, allowed me to fix Photoshop after doing a restore from a Time Machine backup! I could not get Adobe’s instructions here:

working as they gave me a Terminal error. So *many* thanks to you for your help.

Best,
Tolga

by Tolga on 16. Dezember 2011 at 04:44. #

Hi, I came across your website and my problem was solved very easily. Thanks a lot!

Regards

Kees

by Kees Boelhouwer on 15. April 2012 at 13:08. #

I’ve waste hours with wrong solutions for this problem – Millions of Thanks for yours – it works perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Cekay on 6. Juni 2012 at 11:40. #

Still works! Mac OS X 10.7.5 and CS4 licensing problem (Error 150:30) and PowerPC/Rosetta launch preference issue solved. I found your site after many frustrating hours with Adobe and Apple forums and was able to gain access to all my CS4 applications again with your script. Many thanks.

by asmithky on 16. Oktober 2012 at 02:40. #

Thank you, saved me a ton of time!

by Tom Alderman on 18. November 2012 at 19:05. #

Fantastic, was stuck on this one, but this solved it instantly. Great help!

by Nick Fuse on 24. November 2012 at 18:14. #

Perfect…Adobe should hire you so you can fix there complex solution posted on their site. The world needs more of you!

by Brendan VC on 25. November 2012 at 22:12. #

Thank so much. Adobe was completely unhelpful on this. Couldn’t find anything online that worked… until now! A total lifesaver.

by HHWood on 14. Dezember 2012 at 22:34. #

Thanks a bunch!!! I wasted hours trying to solve this through the adobe site and your fix worked first try. Can’t thank you enough!

by Chris on 28. Dezember 2012 at 03:51. #

Brilliant! Worked perfectly. I learned a ton from your script. Definitely gonna save this one as a great example of some cool cmds for future reference.

by Jon W. on 10. Januar 2013 at 23:30. #

This worked perfectly! It took me less than 10 minutes and all of my expensive applications (Adobe creative suite 4) are running again.
Thanks a lot,
Eric

by Eric on 11. Januar 2013 at 20:56. #

Thank you – Absolutely amazing. Really appreciate it.

by Andrew on 9. Februar 2013 at 13:37. #

MY SAVIOR… great job

by Ward on 26. Februar 2013 at 06:16. #

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

by CGC on 14. März 2013 at 02:49. #

Works fine! Resets Regitration.

by Patt on 4. April 2013 at 23:36. #

I encountered the error after we had our iMac hard drives swapped out by Apple this weekend. Restored the “image” using Time Machine then launched PS CS4 but it resulted in the 150:30 licensing error. Chatted with Adobe support, but the weekend team was unable to help.

This fix worked great and helped reset the registration, thank you!!! :)

by alim on 7. April 2013 at 17:23. #

You just saved me a lot of trouble. Thank you!

by David on 17. April 2013 at 09:43. #

Thank you! The Adobe instructions seem to be old and do not work, at least on Mountain Lion.

by markM on 11. Juni 2013 at 23:27. #

THANKS SO MUCH! I had a project I needed to do for my new boss and after 3 days of fighting with installers and licenses, this was the final piece to the puzzle that I needed in order to get this to work.

by Jenni on 12. Juni 2013 at 22:03. #

An oldie but a goodie. I just used this to fix CS4 Design Premium after using a Time Machine backup to a brand new Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion and it worked flawlessly! Wish I had done this a few hours ago—don’t waste time with trying to go to Adobe for help.

by j796r87 on 18. Juni 2013 at 19:53. #

Installed an SSD on my MacBookPro, had to restore from a Time Machine backup due to some problems. Used this script to resolve the CS4 licensing error 150:30. Worked great! However, my Acrobat Pro 9 will not accept the serial number. Any suggestions?

by Denise on 28. Juni 2013 at 14:24. #

Awesome! I first tried to just past the entire code into the terminal, but that didn’t work. I think pasted each line separately and pressed enter and bingo! My Adobe CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4 are accessable again. Thanks so much!!!

by Fred Burks on 4. Juli 2013 at 11:09. #

WORKS GREAT!! Ich glaub du bist auch Deutscher oder? ;)

Dank dir =) Hat mir ne Menge Arbeit erspart

by Sebastian on 12. Juli 2013 at 11:41. #

It worked! I love you!!!!!

by Mario on 12. August 2013 at 21:46. #

Yaaaayyyy!!! Thank you!

by Leah on 3. September 2013 at 14:27. #

After my older version Macbook was stolen, I had to restore all of my data/applications onto a new Macbook pro retina. The Adobe software was giving me this error message, and I was unable to re-install the software without a disk drive. This fix worked perfectly. It’s a shame that Adobe doesn’t have better support on their webpage. Thank you so much for posting this :)

by Leah on 3. September 2013 at 14:32. #

2hrs. of scouring the internet, a half-dozen attempts at fixing via Terminal, and this one finally worked. Many thanks.
CS4 / Macbook Pro (retina) / 10.8.4

by Doug on 23. September 2013 at 22:24. #

THANK YOU!!! Just replaced a bad hard drive on early 2008 Macbook Pro and used Time Machine to restore. CS4 had given me Licensing error 150:30. It took me a few tries because Adobe’s licensing dmg was confusing and I am not so familiar with using Terminal App.
I had to run the “sudo python ” command first. This helped me:
a. Double-click the LicenseRecovery111.dmg
Note: Leave this window open and proceed to the next step.
b. open Terminal App.
c. Type “sudo python “
Note: There is a space following “python”. Do not press Return.
d. Drag LicenseRecoveryLauncher.app from the LicenseRecovery111.dmg window onto the Terminal Window and press Return. Note: Make sure that the Terminal window has the command and the path to the APP file. For example: “sudo python /Volumes/LicenseRecovery\ 11.6.1/LicenseRecovery/LicenseRecover.py”
e. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted and click OK.
f. Follow the onscreen instructions.

At this point I pasted the above script and IT WORKED!!!
Also, being unfamilar with Terminal, I didn’t realize that the cursor doesn’t flash when asking for my password.

Thanks again for this fix!

by Julie Frame on 26. November 2013 at 22:56. #

Thank you so much this helped me get cs4 suite back up and running after purchasing a new imac. Very easy to use terminal command!

by Gino Andreozzi on 7. Dezember 2013 at 06:08. #

Thank you very very much!!! I was completly lost, because recovering my OSX reactivated the licence of my DW CS4 which I still need for some older projects. Adobe didn’t help me, you did. Amazing job! Danke vielmals! :-)

by André Bender on 31. Januar 2014 at 09:15. #

Thanks very much, it worked for me twice (once when my hard drive was wiped, the second when re-installing Photoshop on a new computer. Very easy to use

by Mary Madigan on 2. Februar 2014 at 22:36. #

THANK YOU! Gracias! Prego!

by Edda Gonzalez on 19. Februar 2014 at 04:14. #

Hi
I am not getting the error code now but when I try and open CS 4 I cannot get past the accept licence screen ?

by George on 19. Februar 2014 at 20:06. #

This worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

by Marcy on 28. Februar 2014 at 00:05. #

Wow. Amazing! I have been attempting to fix this for days and none of the solutions worked except for this one! Thank you Linus!

Cheers,

Paul

by Paul on 13. März 2014 at 23:23. #

Great. Still works on new iMac with 10.9.2.

by Larry on 14. März 2014 at 04:38. #

Thank you so much !

My Photoshop CS4 work again properly ! I can finally finish my illustration and continue to work for my client !

Thanks ! :o

I will share this with my friends if they have the same problem one day.

by Tiphereth on 17. März 2014 at 16:38. #